Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Okay, I won't lie. At first I found it rather assuming and "feeling" of people to take pictures of themselves and show them to the world as if people gave a damn. What a hypocrite I am now! 
But I was just so inspired by the only fashion blog site I really try to visit from time to time which is karla'scloset.blogspot.com.

She does her own photo shoots in an effortless way and her fashion is creative/original yet relatable.
I sometimes cringe when I have to start to enumerate and expound on my pictures. Perhaps it's because I am in no right place to tell you the ethics in dressing up. There will be times when I will go out, nonchalant that I am wearing the big blousy shirt of my husband and cut-out shorts. There will be times when I will be a fashion victim and scream at myself for the what-were-you-thinking-when-you-wore-that-moments. But if I can inspire too, just as what karla did to me, then I'm happy. 

If there is one thing I wish to say to girls out there:
1. Experiment, experiment, experiment. Don't limit yourself to just one style. 
2. Try on all kinds of colors. Colors don't bite so why are people so afraid of them?
3. Try on make-up and a new hair color or hairdo. What's the worst case scenario? Make-up gets off with make-up remover, and your hair will eventually grow back. Seriously!! Don't you get tired of your face if you don't try to change it once in a while? It's like sticking to the same car or same bedsheets forever, you don't need surgery to get a face "LIFT".

What I wore on a girl's night out:


     Something fishy about this beige blouse top from Calypso that I got in Manila Megamall Department store for P999, it's the exact same top I got in an old rose color from H&M in Hongkong!

But, didn't I say that I was crazy over lace?! Here I am with a classical print black lace with puffy shorts that I got from What a Girl Wants in ayala cebu for just under P500. That's one store that you'll have those great-finds-moment when something is such a bargain and yet you look like you got it off from a luxury mannequin.
                            Break the monotony with blood red shoes from H&M.
 Sometimes, ribbons on anything can look tacky. But in this case, where the red is so loud, you forget about the ribbon and just think it's a sexy and cute shoe all rolled into one package. Oh, and huge gold loop earrings too!
Beige, black and red, you can never go wrong with this trio of colors altogether.

2 comments:

  1. black and red is such a wonderful contrasting pair. those red shoes are fierce on you.
    im new to your blog.. im now following. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey!!! my first comment ever!! thanks for dropping by im so excited!

    ReplyDelete